The Inclusion Committee meets monthly. We set goals for ourselves and determined a timeline by which to meet them. As of this writing, the following initiatives have been instituted:
- A wheelchair-accessible Torah Table has been installed on the sanctuary floor.
- The sanctuary sound system has been updated with the purchase of a new microphone system.
- A row of accessible parking spaces is available opposite our entrance.
• Visual enhancement devices and large print prayer books are offered.
• Seating within the sanctuary is available for congregants or guests with wheelchairs or other mobility devices; contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the office.
• The Chesed Committee has been revitalized with calls being made and cards sent; it is our intent to widen the scope of our efforts next year. Please contact us as above if you would like to help.
• Gluten free, sugar free and dairy free items are available at every Kiddush and meal.
• A group of committee members and congregants were trained by the Regional Foundation Center in searching for grant opportunities that match our needs.
- We are working with Congregation Knesseth Israel to refurbish our restroom with the goal of making them handicapped-accessible.
We now have an MBIEE Inclusion Fund. Please consider us when making donations to the shul.
Our thanks to our hard-working committee. If you wish to join our efforts, please contact us at the email address above, call the office or one of us. We welcome your participation!
Honey Zazoff and Jean Lisman, Co-Chairs. Contact us: Inclusion@mbiee.org
Our Inclusion Story in Pictures
Carol Weinbaum and Janet Eisenberg of Melrose B’nai Israel Emanu-El’s Inclusion Committee, collect warm woolen items, school supplies, crayons and coloring books for the patients of St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. This is an annual group mitzvah project.
MLK Day of Service